First Community Bank Careers
SUMMARY: Responsible forgeneral accounting; reporting, queries, payables, balancing, recordkeeping, audits, monitoring and corrections. Performs Fed Funds, USBA, payroll, purchasing and brokered CD transactions. Responsible for monitoring overdraft privilege and general ledger transactions. Works with securities, accruals and depreciation.
- Maintains and prepares confidential records such as Call Reports, Budget Reports, Board Reports, General Ledger Reporting, Quarterly reports, Etc.
- Runs periodic, standardized reports, including working with database queries
- Monitors, reviews and corrects the General Ledger daily
- Works with wholesale funding
- Performs various accounting entries
- Responsible for accrual accounting
- Oversees accounts payable
- Reviews vendors and makes purchasing decisions/recommendations
- Assists in gathering information for audits and performs audit queries
- Assists, prepare or review reconciliations
- Submits items for depreciation accounting and balances entries
- Is visible and involved in community activities
- Performs other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
2- 5 years in accounting. Ability to research, analyze and prepare data. Ability to meet deadlines. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office. Accuracy with numbers. Knowledge of spreadsheets and database queries.
Mortgage Loan Processor Underwriter
- Located in Harbor Springs, MI.
- Receives mortgage loan documents from loan officers and originators for processing.
- Processes mortgage applications in accordance with local, state and federal regulations, investor and insurer requirements and insurance policy closings.
- Conducts and facilitates mortgage loan closings.
- Evaluates loan applications and documentation to determine credit-worthiness.
- Reviews loan documentation for accuracy.
- Prepares mortgage files for review and approval by VP Mortgage Lending.
- Expert in regulations, underwriting, and technology that affects mortgage lending
- Certification as Underwriter for mortgage loans or ability to study to gain certification.
- Expertise in mortgage lending software
Associates or Bachelors degree in business recommended.
Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and mortgage software. Experience with mortgage banking, title work or real estate lending. Ability to audit work of others. 2-4 years mortgage loan processing experience. Strong typing skills. Excellent communication skills. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
You might also like
Beth Mooney's Advice to Women in Banking — American Banker
Understand your core competencies and wear your ambition lightly, recommends Beth Mooney, CEO of KeyCorp, to women who aspire to careers in banking. next up. 2014. Your Staff Should Look Like Your Customer Base: Capital One's Grace Huebscher.
Parents, help kids find success in life — The Straits Times
It is no wonder that they tend to veer towards traditional and highly regarded careers in banking, law, medicine and computer science.
Bank Tellers (Community Workers (Compass Point))
Book (Compass Point Books)
RBI Panel Recommended Banking Aptitude Test BAT at Entry Level for Banks — Jagran Josh
The common banking aptitude test (BAT) might be designed on the “Item Response Theory” method of testing rather than the recent “Classical Test Theory” testing methodology to better set apart and evaluate candidates aspiring for careers in banking.